Due to the COVID – 19 pandemic, many countries have imposed strict lockdowns and other restrictions to prevent the spread of the virus. This includes travel restrictions, business closures, work-at-home options, and more. The virus has also made a great impact on the energy sector. According to the World Resources Institute, Global energy use is predicted to fall 6% over the course of 2020.
Climate scientists also have told the BBC that the Covid-19 pandemic is a “huge opportunity” to fast-track Australia’s shift towards green energy. Reports also add that the use of renewables is increasing in Australia year-on-year and in the last year, 24% of all electricity generated came from renewable sources.
A Nationwide analysis from live monitoring systems shows a 105% increase in Aussie household electricity in Q1 2020 as compared to 2019, a spike resulting from the lockdown of the Covid-19 pandemic. But, homes that have solar power systems are more likely to save money on their bills.
So, if you are thinking about choosing green energy for your residential or commercial property, here are a few reasons to go solar.
- Installing solar power systems helps you to generate your own energy and frees you from depending entirely on energy companies to brighten up your residential or commercial premises. When combined with high energy battery backups and storing of excess energy to use during emergencies, this makes your household more self-sufficient instead of relying entirely on energy from the grid.
- With solar rebates and other plans available, you can get flexible financing options that cover solar power systems prices and allow you to save money in the long run.
- When you install solar power systems, you can offset high energy usage and save more on utility bills.
- Solar panels are eco-friendly, harness the energy of the sun to power your home or business without contributing to local air pollution.
- Solar panels have a long life span of 40 years and can be recycled once they reach the end of their life.
- Solar energy is a true renewable energy source that can be harnessed in all areas of the world and is available every day.
- Solar energy can be used for diverse range of applications from electrical energy to heat energy.
- It requires less maintenance, as you only need to keep them relatively clean to maintain its maximum efficiency.
- Solar panels are silent and do not emit polluting gases.
The Bottom Line
Solar power is 100% clean and reduces your dependence on oil, coal and natural gas for electricity production. It also eliminates the emission of harmful gases that affect the quality of air, water & soil, which are responsible for global warming. So, now is the right time to go solar and we are here to help every step of the way.
Tags: solar panels