According to a recent survey, hot water can cover about 35% of the utility bill, especially if you have an electrical water heater in your house. If you have a $300* quarterly balance on your electricity, you need to allot an estimate of $100 to $120* to the hot water you use for bathing, washing, and cooking. This makes it the second highest expense you have to cover for your basic utilities.
This doesn’t always have to be the case. You can use a solar hot water system in Sydney to reduce your electricity costs. A solar hot water system harnesses natural energy to heat water. Solar Bright can offer different types of solar-powered water heaters, each having advanced technology for maximum energy efficiency.
- You can save a big amount on your electricity costs.
- Solar-powered water heaters can reduce 80 – 90% of your water-heating costs.
- Solar water heating is a great way to prevent greenhouse gas emissions and large energy consumption. The government even grants incentives for homes with solar-powered heaters.
- Solar-powered heaters can give you a breather from the rising utility costs, which, according to research, are set to increase more in the next five to ten years.
- Going solar is much like taking a car off the road.
* Percentage included are based on Australian Government approved TRNSYS simulation modelling. Incentives and savings may vary on different factors, including location, type of water heater system installed, type of water heater replacement, amount of hot water consumed, and fuel charges. Maximum financial savings are best achieved when replacing electric water heaters with energy efficient products.